Sunday, August 1, 2010

trying my hand at something new (plus another quilt...surprised?)


i was getting a little overwhelmed with scraps...so, i decided to finally use them up!  these little fabric baskets are great for just that purpose.  they only require scraps of 2 x 2 inches!  love that!


and, i was becoming inundated with the fabric i bought from ikea...and was itching to make another birdie sling; this was the product of that union of needs...



my latest quilt project...i used a jelly roll of the nicey jane fabrics in a pattern from the jelly rolls book i mention often.  for the flower centers, i substituted red corduroy...becuase i wanted something tactile on the front.  the back is a pink minke...so soft and fuzzy, i am addicted to using this fabric as a backing.



6 comments:

  1. I love those baskets! I need to make a few too. Ikea fabric is fun, and I love the new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag is really cool! I'm thinking pillow out of just the birdcage just like the inspiration picture I saw that made me buy it! I love the tulip quilt. I love the idea of the corduroy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of goodness! Everything is very pretty, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making the baskets so simple and cute and a great way to use the scraps. The bags are to die for, adorable! and the quilt, Is precious you already know I LOVE LOVE LOVE it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - NOW I am SO wanting a camera bag, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete